Hello Guys, How are you ?. Through this posts, I would like to share some facts about Indians who are working in various world organization and Makes Indians pride. WTO stands for World Trade Organization.WTO was born out of the General Agreement on Traffic and Trade, Which was established in 1947.Here we are updates about some Indian who are at a good place across the world in world Organization, WHO, UNO, World Bank etc,
- The first Indian to become the chairman of the Human Rights Committee of UNO:
(a) I.K. Gujral (b) Shashi Tharur (c) K.N. Dixit (d) P.N. Bhagavati
- The year of Cairo Conference organized by UNO for the empowerment of woman:
(a) 1994 (b) 1995 (c) 1996 (d) 1997
- Who is the founder of the World Economic Forum ?.
(a) Frederic Von Hayek (b) Klaus Schwab
(c) Joseph Stiglitz (d) Alfred Marshall
- The organization whose stated aim is “ensure the ability of the Earth to nurture life in all its diversity”:
(a) Greenpeace (b) WWF (c) WEF (d) UNESCO
- Greenpeace was founded in:
(a) 1951 (b) 1961 (c) 1971 (d) 1981
- The international coordinating body of Greenpeace is in:
(a) Vancouver (b) Geneva (c) London (d) Amsterdam
- The headquarters of World Economic Forum:
(a) Colony (b) New York (c) Davos (d) Dubai
- Which organization owns the ship ‘Rainbow Warner’ ?.
(a) WMO (b) Red Cross (c) Amnesty International (d) Greenpeace
- Name the international non-governmental organization whose stated mission is “to conduct research and generate action to prevent and end grave abuses of human rights and to demand justice for those whose rights have been violated.”:
(a) Greenpeace (b) Red Cross
(c) Scouts and Guides (d) Amnesty International
- Sir Julian Huxley was the first Director General of:
(a) UNICEF (b) UNESCO (c) Amnesty International (d) Interpol
- The World Bank started functioning on:
(a) 1946 June 25 (b) 1946 June 15
(c) 1946 June 20 (d) 1946 June 24
- Which organization has the motto ‘It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness’ ?.
(a) Red Cross (b) Interpol (c) Amnesty International (d) WWF
- The founder of Rotary International:
(a) Melvin Jones (b) Henri Dunant (c) Paul Harris (d) Julian Huxley
- In which year Rotary International was founded ?.
(a) 1905 (b) 1915 (c) 1925 (d) 1935
- The headquarters of Rotary International is Evanswerton in:
(a) Alabama (b) Wyoming (c) Illinois (d) California
- “Service above Sell” is the best-known motto of:
(a) Lion’s Club (b) Red Cross
(c) Greenpeace (d) Rotary International
- In which year Oxfam was established ?.
(a) 1954 (b) 1942 (c) 1924 (d) 1952
- Where is the headquarters of Oxfam ?.
(a) Oxford (b) Evanswerton (c) London (d) Geneva
- World Wide Fund for Nature was started functioning in:
(a) 1951 (b) 1955 (c) 1961 (d) 1971
- The logo of World Wide Fund for Nature:
(a) Tiger (b) Lion (c) Dove (d) Panda
- Which organization has its headquarters in Gland, Switzerland ?.
(a) Oxfam (b) Greenpeace (c) WWF (d) Amnesty International
- Where is the headquarters of International Organization of Standardization (ISO) ?.
(a) London (b) Geneva (c) Paris (d) New York
- In which year Organization of Standardization was established ?.
(a)1947 (b) 1948 (c) 1949 (d) 1950
- The International Air Transport Association (IATA) was established in:
(a) 1944 (b) 1946 (c) 1947 (d) 1945
- Where is the headquarters of the International Air TrAnsport Association (IATA) ?.
(a) Ottawa (b) Geneva (c) Montreal (d) London
All Govt. jobs, SSC JOBS, UPSC JOBS, Bank Jobs, Railways Jobs, Scholarship, University Result and Board Result related updates can get from our site www.sscjobsresult.com. All the interested Job seekers can like us on Facebook and get information via email.